The Best Muffins Ever.
The title’s not just a declarative. It’s an imperative. Period.
I’ve baked several muffins to date, and yes I’ve made some pretty delish ones like my Citrus Muffins, but this is hands down the best I’ve made thus far. It’s not because of the fillings that went into it, cause pfffwt we all know cheese/carrot/apple muffins ain’t a stroke of genius. It’s the base recipe that makes these muffins shine.
Simple, versatile, with ingredients you can grab from your pantry right now, this is the best basic recipe I found so far. And with a few tweaks of my own it yields the softest and moistest muffin. I’ve been looking for such a recipe for a really long time cause my friends and family prefer moister muffins. If cakey fluffy ones are your preference this might be slightly a bit too moist, though fluffy enough for me I’d say.
The base recipe’s really versatile, and everything stays the same except for the 150g of added flavours. Be creative with your muffin fillings! Pistachio and chocolate chips; citrus and coconut; cheese and raisins; the possibilities are endless. Let your imagination run wild with this amazing recipe.
Cheese, Carrots and Apple Muffins (makes 12)
220g spelt flour, sifted 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 olive oil 3/4 cup milk 1/2 cup honey 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract *1/2 medium carrot, grated *1/2 apple, grated *100g cubed cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin trays with cases.
2. Sift the flour with the baking power and salt.
3. Mix the wet ingredients together. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Mix everything till its just combined and not overmix it.
4. Pour in the grated carrots, apple, and cubed cheese into the mixture and fold it in till just combined.
5. Divide the batter into the muffin trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
*These ingredients can be substituted with 150g of whatever ingredients and flavours you desire!